- Students should be in school every scheduled day.
- Except in the case of excused late arrivals and early
dismissals, students must be present in school from 7:35
AM to 2:00 PM, or from 8:00 AM to 2:25 PM to be eligible
to participate in any extracurricular activity offered by
the school that day.
- Students are expected to attend every class meeting. Attendance
records are maintained on a course-by-course basis, and
requirements and consequences apply to each course individually.
- Recognizing that there are legitimate and unavoidable
reasons for absence, parents/guardians may call in to the
high school to excuse a student’s absence. To
excuse an absence, the parent/guardian must call the high
school attendance office at (617) 993-5999 prior to the
end of the school day on which the student is absent. If
an absence is not called in by 2:00 p.m., the absence is
unexcused. The parent/guardian must leave a return
telephone number, and a reason for the absence. No one except
a parent or guardian may excuse an absence for a student.
- Excused absences should be called in as early as possible.
After 10:00 AM, the high school will begin calling parents
and guardians of all students who are absent from school
without a call-in from home.
- Grade penalties will be imposed for unexcused absences.
- All absences for school-sponsored field trips are considered
- When a student comes to class without a pass more than
fifteen minutes after formal instruction has begun, s/he
is considered absent.
- In extenuating circumstances, a student or his/her parent/guardian
may appeal to the administration to resolve attendance issues.