Welcome to high school! We in the guidance
office are excited to get to know each of you. There are several
things you should keep in mind over the course of your freshman
year at Belmont High School.
FRESHMEN TO DO LIST:
- Get to know your guidance counselor. We are here to answer
any questions you might have about high school and to help
you reach your goals. Stop by to say hello.
- Check the guidance website and your class page periodically.
- Set up Naviance account and get used to checking your school e-mail regularly to stay updated on school information and events.
- Time management is crucial in high school. You’ll
have more homework and more activities to balance- get organized!
- Use your assignment notebook EVERY DAY. Stay on top of
your homework and see your teachers for extra help. They
are happy to schedule time to meet with you during your
free mods and/or after school.
- Use your free mods wisely- go to the library to get a
head start on your homework, sign up for a peer tutor (see
your guidance counselor), or meet with your teachers for
- Get to know your teachers! They want you to be successful
in high school.
- Set short and long term goals. Discuss your goals with
your parents and/or your guidance counselor.
- Get your summer reading completed- work on your note taking
skills while you read.
- Attend the activities fair in September to learn about
the clubs and activities offered at BHS. Get involved! Play
a sport, join a club, and do the things you love best! Be
an active participant in the Belmont community.
- Complete your 40 hours of community service. See Ms. Melnikoff
in the social studies teachers’ room
Service Opportunities list is here.