Congrats, you are officially upperclassman.
There are several things you should keep in mind over the
course of your third year at Belmont High School.
JUNIORS TO DO LIST:
College Planning To Do List
- Do you plan on taking the SAT, ACT or both?
- Which test dates will you register for?
- SAT : March/May/June
- ACT : April/June
- Do you plan on taking 2-3 SAT Subject Tests?
- Which SAT Subject Tests have you taken or will you take?
Which test dates (May/June)?
- Which teachers will you approach in the spring to write
a letter of recommendation?
- When will you meet with your guidance counselor to discuss
college planning this winter/spring? Be sure to invite your
- Have you completed and submitted your student questionnaire?
- Have you signed in to Family Connection? connection.naviance.com/belmonths
- Talk to your counselor about your senior year course selection.
Challenge yourself, but don’t overload! Applying to
college is like taking a seventh class.
- Check out the guidance website: www.belmont.k12.ma.us/bhs/guidance
- Size: Small (1,000-3,000) Medium (3,000-8,000)
Large (8,000-20,0000) XL (20,000 +)
- Geographic region(s): Where do you want
- Academic Programs: What major(s) are
- Campus Life: What are you looking for
outside of academics?
- Cost: What is your price range?
- Diversity: What kind of student body
are you looking to live and learn with?
The Application, etc.
- Create a resume of your activities and achievements.
- Brainstorm potential essay topics. Write a draft of your
essay(s) over the summer.
- Complete the common application online over the summer.
- Be productive over the summer: volunteer, get a job,
take a class.