Congrats, you survived your first year
of high school! There are several things you should keep in
mind over the course of your second year at Belmont High School.
SOPHOMORES TO DO LIST:
- Get to know your guidance counselor. Stop by to say hello
- Check the guidance website and your class page periodically.
- Set up Naviance account and get used to checking your school e-mail regularly to stay updated on school information and events.
- Keep improving on your academics. Stay on top of your
homework and see your teachers for extra help.
- Get to know your teachers!
- Set short and long term goals. Discuss your goals with
your parents and/or your guidance counselor.
- Get your summer reading completed - work on your note
taking skills while you read.
- The PSAT will be offered on October 18th at BHS. Sign
up in the guidance office in October.
- Attend the activities fair in September- get involved!
Work on building your college resume now…
- Complete your 40 hours of community service. See Ms. Melnikoff
in the social studies teachers’ room
Service Opportunities list is here.
- Physical Education policy: You must fill out a green add/drop
sheet in the fall and a contract. You need two semesters
for credit. Contracts are due in the athletic office by
- The College Fair will be October 17th, 2012 from 7pm-9pm in
the BHS field house.