The following is the charge, as voted by the Town of Belmont Information Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC), formerly known as the Management Information and Communications Committee (MICC), at their meeting of October 8, 2002 and affirmed by the Board of Selectmen:
- The role of the Information Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC) is to provide guidance to the Board of Selectmen, Town departments, and other Town committees on technology matters.
- The ITAC shall concern itself with matters of information delivery; ensuring access to communications technology; increasing the efficiency of transactions involving the Town departments; and working to ensure the deployment of infrastructure for the Town departments and citizenry.
- The ITAC shall provide strategic planning and advising functions to the Town's departments and committees.
- The committee is composed of nine voting members, each serving three-year terms. Four members are appointed by the Board of Selectmen, four by the School Committee, and one by the Board of Library Trustees. In addition, a member of the School Committee acts as a non-voting Management Liaison. The committee elects its officers, performing duties of chair, vice-chair, and clerk.
- The ITAC shall report regularly to the Board of Selectmen on major technology issues affecting the Town and its citizens.