Technology Leaders group was created in the fall of 2000. They:
- help make building decisions with regard to technology planning and placement
- are provided ongoing training in the use of educational technologies
- have the first opportunity to be provided with additional technology tools and software applications for review and use within their classrooms
- have the opportunity to train other faculty with paid compensation
- gain valuable skills for the future of technology and its use in the classroom
The Technology Leader group members meet each month to discuss educational tools, organize training activities, plan for the growth and development of the group, and plan for the development of technology skills within their school.
Technology Leaders are afforded a variety of professional development opportunities in an effort to provide both a breadth and depth of knowledge regarding computers as productivity tools and as integrated tools for curricular use. Technology Leader group members will be given training during the academic year, and possible opportunities during the summer.
The Technology Leader group is comprised of 3 staff members from each elementary school and 5 from the middle. TL members will be selected with regard to balance of curricular area, ability to commit to the project, and experience with computers.